Public Access to House Committee Meetings
Health and Safety Protocols 87th Legislature
NOTE: These protocols apply to attendance at a meeting of a House committee held in the Capitol Building, Capitol Extension, or John H. Reagan Building.
- Public access to the Capitol Building and Capitol Extension is available only through the north entrance of the Capitol Building.
- Public access to the John H. Reagan Building is available only through the east entrance.
- All individuals entering these buildings are required to wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth and complies with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Free COVID-19 testing is available just outside the north entrance to the Capitol Building.
No personal data is collected at the testing site. Testing is not required to enter these buildings.
Hearing Room Access
- Hearing room capacity has been reduced and public seating in the audience area of a hearing room will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, to the extent seats are available.
Health and Safety Protocols
Individuals entering these buildings:
- Must wear a face mask that complies with CDC recommendations at all times in public areas of these buildings, including committee hearing rooms. A witness may temporarily remove his or her face mask only while speaking from a microphone on the witness podium.
- Are strongly encouraged to:
- Practice social distancing from other individuals.
- Wash and sanitize hands often. Hand sanitizer stations are available at the entrance to each hearing room and other locations throughout these buildings.
- Self-screen for the following signs or symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the building and stay home when sick:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to
100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19