My Fellow Texans,
Texans all over our great state have suffered in recent weeks both from the medical and economic impact of Coronavirus. Taking pride in our hard work is a core Texas value and is what has made Texas one of the largest and strongest economies in the world. With millions of Texans out of work, we know that Texans want to get back as soon and as safely as possible.
Today, after promising developments on the slowing spread of Coronavirus in Texas, Governor Abbott announced a phased-in approach to reopening the Texas economy in a way that keeps the health and safety of Texans in mind.
The main points are outlined below:
• Creation of a Strike Force to safely reopen the Texas economy, including state leaders, business leaders and medical professionals.
• Students will remain home from public, private and university school settings for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Teachers may begin to access classrooms to provide digital instruction or work on their classrooms.
• State parks will reopen April 20th with social distancing requirements.
• Some medical and surgery restrictions will be loosened April 22nd.
• All retail stores in Texas may begin curbside or pickup orders on April 24th.
• Next step in reopening Texas will be announced April 27th.
I support Governor Abbott’s efforts to get Texans back to work in a way that is based on sound medical advice, moving us forward without setting us back on the progress we’ve made battling this new invisible enemy. I’m confident in Governor Abbott’s plan, in our medical professionals and first responders, and in workers across our great state. I’m confident that together, we will conquer this challenge and be stronger as a result.
State Representative Jared Patterson, HD 106
5533 FM 423, Suite 503