DALLAS, Texas --- Starting March 13, 2020, our District Office hours will be suspended until further notice. Due to the three presumptive COVID-19 cases found in Dallas County on March 12, 2020 and in accordance with the World Health Organization guidelines, this preliminary precaution will ensure the safety of our staff and our community. This action will not disrupt constituent services, as our team will be working remotely. We are committed to continuing to provide the same level of superior service we are proud to provide. We will continue to update our community as we encounter new developments.
“Our community’s safety is my number one priority. We will remain vigilant and are taking preventive measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and constituents”, said State Representative Ana-Maria Ramos.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends taking everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
• Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care (after you have called, and let them know the symptoms you are experiencing)
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children to do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-base hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Maintain social distancing—maintain at least 3 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands.
Additional information is available at the following websites:
WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public DCHHS: https://dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php