Lubbock – Representative John Frullo wants to remind voters that they will be required to show one of the following forms of identification for the upcoming election on November 5th, 2013 (Early voting starts Monday, October 21st and runs through November 1st). Acceptable forms of identification include:
• Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
• Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
• United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
• United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
• United States passport
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 60 days before being presented at the polling place. Information about obtaining an election identification certificate is available at the DPS website.
To obtain additional information regarding voting or the voter I.D. requirements, visit the Secretary of State’s website www.votetexas.gov.
Voters will have the opportunity to vote on 9 different constitutional amendments passed by the Texas Legislature. “I want to encourage folks to get out and vote on the constitutional amendments. Many sacrifices were made over the course of our history to give citizens the right and responsibility to vote,” said Rep. Frullo.
Since the constitution was adopted in 1876, Texas voters have approved 474 amendments. Another 179 amendments have been approved by the Legislature but rejected by voters.
To review those proposed constitutional amendments, voters can visit the Texas Legislative Council at: http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/const_amends.htm
Contact: Jeramy Kitchen
4601 50th Street, suite 216