AUSTIN—In response to the recent tragedy in West, Texas, Senator Brian Birdwell and Representative Kyle Kacal continue to voice their support for the affected families and their gratitude for all those involved in the recovery process. In addition, they are encouraging those that are interested in helping to focus on giving monetary donations as the community has received a surplus of supplies.
“I was so humbled to be able to spend a couple of days recently with our local officials and first responders who have done a masterful job of handling this tragic situation,” said Birdwell. “This community has a great deal of work ahead of it, but I have absolutely no doubt that the citizens of West will continue to pull together—as Texans always do—and get their town back on track. In the meantime, it is imperative that we all continue to provide them with our prayers and our support.”
"After spending time with the community of West throughout the end of last week, I continue to be amazed by the outpouring of support from all levels of local, state, and federal government," said Kacal. "With this being such a close-knit community, the level of organization and dedication to help this community recover is truly amazing. As we move forward to help those that have been affected, please know that the largest need at this point is financial donations for the families that have been impacted. Thank you for your continued support and prayers during this tragic time."
For information on the memorial service, how to make a financial donation or volunteer opportunities, please see the following options below.
• For an extensive list of information on how you can help the victims of the tragedy in West, please visit www.WithWest.com.
• Additional donations via cash or check (made out to Victims of the West Explosion) can be sent to the following:
200 Oak St.
West, TX 76691
State National Bank
100 N. Main St.
West, TX 76691
• A memorial service for the first responders killed in West will be held 2 p.m. Thursday in Baylor’s Ferrell Center (1900 S. University Parks Dr, Waco, TX 76706). For more information on this event, please visit http://www.baylor.edu/relief.
• For more information on Thursday’s memorial service and to watch the event live online, please visit www.firehero.org/westtexas.
• For information on how to volunteer your time for the recovery effort in West, please visit www.vonlunteertx.org.
Contact: Terra Willett / Ben Stratmann
(512) 463-0412 / (512) 463-0122
3000 Briarcrest Dr., Suite 203,